Monday 30 April 2018

Year 3's Star Writers!

Congratulations to Rayne and John who are this week's Star Writers in Year 3! They both wowed us with their superb poems about water.

Rayne tried hard to use rhyme throughout her poem and thought carefully about her poem's rhythm and how it might be performed. In addition to that, she included alliteration, repetition and even onomatopoeia! As we read her poem, we felt like we were in the middle of tempestuous waters!

My favourite part of my poem was "Drip drop, drip drop, the waves were foaming and bubbling" because I used onomatopoeia. - Rayne, Sequoia

John used powerful vocabulary throughout his poem to create a vivid image in the reader's mind. We loved the range of adjectives and adverbs he used, as it really helped us picture the water he was describing.

My favourite part of my poem was "Vicious, colossal waves ferociously gushed" because the words I used made it seem like the water is very dangerous and you shouldn't swim in it.  - John, Hazel





































We clearly have some very talented poets in Year 3, keep up the superb writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment