Sunday 12 June 2016

Practice Makes Perfect in Math Class

In Miss Corrales' Maths class,  students have been practicing all of the operations - addition, subtraction, multiplication and now division. We have been challenging ourselves by being able to recall facts quickly and efficiently. Alfie has demonstrated perseverance by being able to confidently solve subtraction questions by borrowing and carrying numbers and by also double checking solutions by using the inverse method: "I used to have difficulty subtracting because I kept on forgetting to borrow and carry digits. Now, when I use the column method and focus on place value - it all makes sense!!!  I even can double check my answers using the inverse method".  

Below are students reinforcing their math skills and having fun by applying their skills through: tarsia puzzles, a role the dice multiplication game and a subtraction target game!


No comments:

Post a Comment