Wednesday 19 April 2017

Year 3 Learning Challenge - Summer 1


Please find Year 3's Learning Challenge for Summer 1 below.  It would be great to see as many of the children complete this as possible.

Poem
Painting
Person
Basic
Learn it off by heart
Find out 10 facts about the paintings
Draw a portrait of the person
Find another poem by the poet
Produce a collage of paintings from the caves of Lascaux
Produce a timeline of their life
Advanced
Create a performance as part of a pair/group
Draw a picture in similar style
Produce a poster to advertise their achievements
Write a short biography about the poet
Transform the medium of the painting: use collage instead of painting
Write a letter asking them about their life
Deep
Write your own poem inspired by the topic
Use the image as a stimulus for 100WC
Explain how the world would be without this person
Compare and contrast two poems by the poet
Describe what the painting: what it represents, how it makes you feel, what it is based on
Give five reasons for and against why they should be in ‘The Hall of Fame’

Significant Person

Winston Churchill


Image result for winston churchill 

Significant Person

‘The Drop’ – Albert Richards



 Image result for the drop albert richards

Poem- ‘Soldier's Farewell’ (Mike Subritzky)


I've saddled up, and dropped me hooch,
I'm going to take the gap,
my Tour of Duty's over mates,
and I won't be coming back.

I'm done with diggin' shell scrapes
and laying out barbed wire,
I'm sick of setting Claymore Mines,
and coming under fire.

So no more Fire Support Base,
and no more foot patrols,
and no more eating ration packs,
and sleepin' in muddy holes.

I've fired my last machine gun,
and ambushed my last track,
I'm sick of all the Army brass,
and I sure ain't coming back.

I'll hand my bayonet to the clerk,
he ain't seen one before,
and clean my rifle one more time,
and return it to the store.

So no more spit and polish,
and make sure I get paid,
and sign me from the Regiment,
today's my last parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment