Tuesday 12 June 2018

Year 4 - Makaton workshop

Last Thursday, Year 4 were fortunate enough to attend a Makaton workshop.

Firstly, they were taught the letters of the alphabet and then everyone signed their initials.
Next, they were taught the different signs for: school, home, house, chair, eat, drink and bed.

Jessica, "I thought the workshop was really fun because I loved getting the opportunity to learn my name in sign language."

Finally, they showed off their fantastic Makaton signing skills to the song 'Thousand years' by Christina Perry.

All of Year 4 showed reciprocity throughout the workshop, supporting each other and being kind and welcome to the visitor.

Alfie, "I thought it was amazing because now I can try to speak to anyone, even if they can't speak!"










No comments:

Post a Comment