Friday 30 June 2023

Year 3 are Magnificent Mathematicians!

 


Year 3 have just completed their maths unit about time where they have learnt how to read and write time on both an anaologue and digital clock, work out duration and solve a range of time problems. We began by using our individual clocks to represent different times, ensuring our minute and hour hand were in the correct places. We were then told how much time had passed and needed to move our minute hand to show this.

Using number lines, we were able to work out the duration of different events including some of our favourite movies. By applying all of these skills together, we were able to solve a variety of time-related problems. 

Year 3 showed off their reciprocity skills throughout these lessons by working with their partner to use their clocks and support eachother with their learning. Time has been a tricky concept so well done to all of Year 3 for being resilient learners!




''I know that I can use my 5 times tables to count around the clock'' - Freddie

''I know that I need to move my minute hand to show much time has passed in that hour'' - Flynn

''AM is the morning and PM is the afternoon and evening. 12:00 midnight is when I should be sleeping!'' - Poppy-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment