Wednesday, 9 October 2019

Year 4 Ash Science Lesson

The Digestive System...on t-shirts!

On Tuesday in Ash class, we worked in our table teams to draw the digestive system on t-shirts. Some children were researching on their Chromebooks the functions of different organs, whilst others were planning and drawing on the t-shirts.


Some children found some interesting facts. Kanishka found that it takes food around 10 seconds for it to travel from the mouth down the oesophagus into the stomach.

Blake found out that it takes 6-8 hours for food to pass through the stomach and small intestine. 


One table found out that the small intestine does 90% of digestion, whereas the other organs do 10%.


Well done Ash for demonstrating good reciprocity, resourcefulness and reflectiveness.  



Team photos: 






No comments:

Post a comment