Sunday 11 March 2018

Magnificent Measuring in Year 3!

Year 3 have wowed us with their incredible measurement skills this week in maths. They started off the week measuring a range of different items around the classroom using their rulers. They were also able to accurately estimate the length before measuring!





















"I knew that a ruler was 30cm long so I thought that a pencil was about half that, so my estimation was 15cm. After I measured it, I saw that it was 14cm, so I was only 1cm away!"
James, Sequoia.

The year 3 children then demonstrated mastery of their measurement skills, as they were able to determine the length of particular objects with only part of a ruler!





















"Normally you have to start measuring on the zero, but you can start at a different place on the ruler if you count in cm. For example, if an object starts on 6cm and ends on 12cm, then you know that the object is 6cm long."
Jessica, Hazel

We have been so impressed with the resilience and resourcefulness all the year 3 children have demonstrated this week to develop their mathematical skills further.





















Keep up the super work!

No comments:

Post a Comment