Friday 2 October 2020

Creative Coin Making in Year 4

This week, the children in year 4 have had such fun creating their own Roman coins in their art lesson. They studied different kinds of coins and had a good go at carving faces of famous Roman emperors on their coin as well as Roman numerals - no easy feat!




It was great to see the children working so well together once again and they were all able to develop their artistic techniques, including their control and use of materials, with creativity and experimentation.


"I actually found it quite tricky to make the right shape, but I tried my best!" Izaan, Larch


















Although the carving was a little bit difficult, I had a lot of fun." Birch Lilly

"I had to hold my toothpick carefully to carve." Ash. Srinika










No comments:

Post a Comment